Thursday, September 17, 2009

Change of Heart

I started writing a post yesterday about my failings as a mother. About how no matter what I do, my kids don't listen to a damn thing I say. About how the kids fight me every.step.of.the.way all day long. About how I feel like I'm failing my kids by not setting rules that they can actually follow. Or some such drivel.

Then I got this on Twitter:

MicheleDan@kristins4kids Remember--none of us are perfect parents. Think how hard it would be on our kids if we were. We just have to be good enough

2 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

great advice kristin. parenting is probably the hardest thing we'll ever do. i go through those times too when i feel like i'm not good enough, i think we all do. but, we get up each day and try again. i know right now it blows, but some day they'll all be in school and eventually they'll all be out of the house. i think about that sometimes when i am at my absolute limit and it makes me sad and i calm down. a little : )

brooke b said...

I agree...great advice!