Saturday, March 21, 2009

Put on your dancing shoes!

Tonight is the 3rd annual Daddy-Daughter Dance in our town. Meg has been blessed to be able to attend the dance since it's inception, when she was just a kindergartner. She spent the day reading a book (Nancy Drew!) and napping after an hour of ice hockey at 8:20 this morning, where she was double and triple shifted due to small numbers on her team. I am sure she and Doug are having a terrific time.

And for those of you who guessed that I got the dress at Target, you were right. I'm totally biased, but I think she looks beautiful:

I can't wait to hear all about it when they get home!

9 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Aww, she's so cute!

AndreAnna said...

She's gorgeous!! Hope they have a nice night!

RaycoTD said...

Oh my Meggie is all grown up! How beautiful! Won't be long and Doug will have his arms full with pretty little girls for the daddy/daughter dance! Kaitlin's is on the 4th, I can't wait. It will be her 7th year going! BTW, we found a dress at Target, but they didn't have her size, so we ended up with one from Old Navy. Thanks for sharing!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful :) I love the picture of her and Dad all ready to go. I hope they have a fantastic time tonight!!

creative kerfuffle said...

that's so very sweet. they both look great--what a terrific smile she has : ) i love that she's hockey girl/pretty dress girl all in one : )

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!! I hope they had a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY with the tears! She is so beautiful and grown up (and I'm totally picturing my little one all dressed up). Can't wait to hear all about it!

Robyn said...

What a great looking pair they make! And, what special memories for them both -- I would've loved a daddy daughter dance (the only one I had was at my wedding).