Did you miss me? I've been here, reading bits and pieces of blogs, but have been too busy/tired/sick to write. So, now that Doug has headed off to hockey (yes, it's 10pm on a Tuesday night; he plays hockey at 10:40. Isn't that dumb?) I will play catchup, bullet style.
- I didn't quite catch what the kids had during Barforama, but I didn't avoid it altogether, either. I spent the afternoon of the 3rd asleep. Yes, my awesome husband came home from work early so I could take a nap. It was nice. I never nap unless I'm under the weather.
- I was better on the 4th, so we headed up the coast for the Bath Heritage Days. We got there in time for the parade, which was great, just really hot in the sun. After a bite to eat, we decided to drive further up the coast in hopes the kids would nap. Ummm, no. Meg and Drew were demon spawn in the car and only settled down under the threat of
deathno fireworks. It was indeed a hellacious day with them. The fireworks were good, except that we sat behind a building that caused us to miss some of the fireworks. And let me just say that I pointed this out to said awesome husband, who insisted that we were fine. Anyhoo, Meg LOVED the fireworks, Drew was too tired to deal with them, Izzie slept thru them and Annie fussed thru them. About right in my book.
- We took the kids to Range Pond (pronounced "rang") on Sunday. It was a first for the twins, and to our surprise, they loved it. Last year they were only 6 months old and had to be kept in the shade, so while Doug and the kids played in the water, I sat watching babies. This time we ALL (yes, even me) went into the water and had a really good time. Of course no one wanted to go home, but in the end it was a good day.
- Meg had her first eye checkup yesterday. I was a bad mama and didn't take her before she started kindergarten. But, turns out her eyes are fine and the eye doctor doesn't see any indication that she is going to have bad eyes like me. Thank goodness, because not being able to see without my contacts or glasses bites. Doug took Meg and Drew to the driving range yesterday morning as well, while I battled the Return of Barforama. I think I was just tired though.
- Today Erika joined us for a trip on the Songo River Queen II. It was a nice 2 1/2 hour boat ride on Brandy Pond in Naples (Maine). Seriously, thank goodness for the breeze from the boat moving, because today was incredibly hot and sticky. The pond has a lock system, so the kids got to experience the locks. It's all done by hand, so it was really cool to watch.
- Tomorrow we're going back to Range Pond in the morning. Oh, and then it's BON JOVI BABY tomorrow night, in Boston. Going to try to smuggle my camera in, but I don't think I'm sitting anywhere close to the stage in order to get good pictures. Because Jon Bon Jovi is smokin'.
Ok, so that was a lot. Now for the good stuff: pictures.
(at the parade)
(at the parade; Annie is on the left)
(waiting to ride some rides)
(at the pond)
(she wanted to be a mermaid when she grew up)
(Meg, with Erika)
(such manly men)
(yes, he is holding a garter snake found in our garden tonight)