Thursday, June 5, 2008

If you can't say anything nice

Then don't say anything at all. I've heard that mantra about a zillion times from my mom. I've even started saying it to my kids. And I'm taking it to heart. I realize that my recent posts have been, well, cranky. There. I said it. I'm cranky. Some might even say bitchy. And they'd be right. I am tired and cranky and just want to crawl into bed with a book for several days. But, as that is not an option, I'm going to try to make my posts less cranky-ish for a bit. Not quite sure how, but I'll give it a try. Here is my first crank-free (I hope) post.

We have a vegetable garden. And things are GROWING in it! We've already eaten some of the spinach and butter lettuce. It was so good! And we didn't die, so that is a very good sign. Of coruse, now we have mushrooms that we didn't plant growing in the garden, but oh who cares. My perennial gardens, while being mucked up by the turkey, are doing quite well too. Who knew I had a green thumb?

I am counting the days until I go get a pedicure with my friend Julie. It's a pre-birthday treat for me and I can't wait. Only two more weeks to go until someone massages my feet and paints my toes a pretty color. I haven't been since last summer, so I am quite ready to go.

I decided to put the girls down for nap at a different time today and so far, it is working well. I kept them up all morning, which was so hard for all of us since they get up at 6 and by 10 are so tired, but I did it nonetheless. They had a quick lunch, went down for nap at 11:30 and were asleep by 11:45. It is 1:15 and they are still asleep. I will hail myself some sort of miracle worker if I can get them on this schedule. If they nap in the morning they are so tired when Doug gets home from work that they don't get to spend more than 15 minutes with him before they're ready for bed. That's not good for anyone. Especially me.

Today is my niece's 17th birthday. Doug is getting out of work the tiniest bit early so we can go have a little cookout (assuming the rain holds off) with the family. I'll tell you what I got her for her birthday tomorrow, just in case she knows about the blog and reads it. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

There, that wasn't so hard, now was it? Before it rains again I promised my boy I'd go play outside in the mosquito infested yard with him.

7 comments:

AndreAnna said...

I know why you've been so cranky - you haven't had a pedicure in a year! Woman, that's just not right. I go every three weeks. It's MY time. I sit in the massaging chair, read my book, and have someone else make me feel pretty. :) And it's only 25$!

You need more of that.

Thia said...

Bravo crank free post.

Astarte said...

Congrats on the garden! I hope mine grows into something edible...

Oh, I would LOVE a pedicure. My big toenail is still all black and purple, though, and I think I'm gonna lose it, so no pedis for me for a looong time. God, I hope there's a new toenail under there!

creative kerfuffle said...

i say if blogs aren't the place to let out the crankiness then what good are they?? : )
hooray for the garden. i'm envious. we do flowers but have never done food. not that i could get anyone to actually eat something healthy. god forbid. i don't think i can grow potatoe chips.
i have a gift cert. for a pedi (i've never had one) that's burning a hole in my pocket.

Jess said...

Nicely done! But I mest say, cranking in my posts helps me do it less in real life... So crank away if you're feeling it!

Sammie-J said...

I agree with Jess, blogs are for the crankiness. If we don't want to read it, we don't have to. But good job anyways trying to stay positive, I'm all about the positivity.
There's nothing better then fresh veggies from the garden. My favorites are Cucumbers and Radishes, oh and green beans. Mmmm. Now I'm hungry. Congrats on your garden, maybe someday I'll have one.

Tigriswillreign said...

Blogging is for cranky people, isn't it????