Thursday, January 15, 2009

The big day is a-coming!

Tomorrow my babies turn 2. I have a post swirling around in my head about that and it will be up tomorrow. In preparation for their party, I've been baking and decorating cakes. Yes, that is a plural. The girls each got their own cake last year and since I started a tradition, I will indeed carry forth.

I chose to decorate Abby Cadabby with her 3 shades of pink and two shades of purple last night. After 3 long hours of tinting frosting and decorating, this is the final product:


I like the decorating kit I bought for myself, with one glaring exception: I have to take it apart and wash it all out each time I change colors. Therefore, it takes much longer to get to the final product. I actually resorted to plastic bags in the end for the hair ties and the black parts of her eyes because it was easier than washing out the darn tube (and it was 10:45 pm). Now I want to take a Wilton decorating class so I can really use the kit and the tips properly. Tonight I decorate Elmo, which is so simple, especially since I've made him twice before. Then it's another two weeks before I'm making and decorating Megan's birthday cake. Phew.

7 comments:

Jill said...

That is so cute!! I got a cake decorating set for Christmas last year and fully intended to use it like this. But alas, my lazy side takes over and I resort to plain old cupcakes instead.

Have a fun weekend and a great party.

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY! That's freaking awesome! You are super talented m'lady. And I'm SUPER jealous!

Robyn said...

You are SuperMom! What an awesome cake -- can't wait to see Elmo (which I know you're an old pro at).

Happy Birthday to your (sniff) little girls.

AndreAnna said...

Where were you when we needed someone to decorate the penis cake for my friend's bachelorette party? ;)

creative kerfuffle said...

that is awesome! how in the HELL do you find the time or energy to do that after keeping up w/ four kids? i'm lucky if i can slap a can of frosting on a cake : ) LOL

Cass. Just Curious said...

I'm impressed.

Astarte said...

Nice job!!!!!