As a mom of four under age 8, there are lots of things I simply cannot do during the course of the day. Since I've been thinking about them, I'm just going to throw them all out there. Here goes:
1) I cannot run out for milk or diapers if I need them. Rite Aid is just down the road, but I have at least 2 kids with me at all times. I cannot just hop in the car and go get milk or diapers. I have to email my husband and ask him to pick them up on his way home from work.
2) I cannot go shopping. Period. The twins hate being strapped up in their stroller for more than a milisecond, the mall is 20 minutes away, and we only have Wal-Mart around.
3) I cannot talk on the phone. There is always a screaming child in the background. Always.
4) I cannot go to the bathroom alone. Annie and Izzie follow me saying "watch you, mama?". While that's adorable, I don't think it's going to encourage them to potty train any earlier.
5) I cannot tidy up my house. Oh please. As I put things away, I have many children right behind me dumping them all back out.
6) I cannot read Breaking Dawn. The noise level in the house at all times resembles an airport runway. But dammit I want to read that book!
7) I cannot watch daytime tv. Not that I want to, but I never have the tv on during the day unless Drew is watching Word World.
8) I cannot get laundry all put away. The only time I can get upstairs to do the laundry is when the girls are napping. And it's THEIR laundry that needs to be folded and put away. Do you see the conundrum?
What things can't you do when the kids are awake?