Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday fun



This is how we spent our Saturday morning. We ALL got haircuts, but today was the first haircut for Annie and Izzie. They did amazingly well. No screaming, no fussing. Next week is kid pictures at the Picture People, so they needed to look glamorous of course.

It's been a long week here. I am finally starting to come thru this bout of bronchitis, thank goodness. I could still sleep all day, but since I'm not allowed, I'll just go on. Our tenants at our house in SP decided to break the lease and give their notice, AND not pay their last month's rent. I've spent the week trying to deal with that, and let me tell you, it's not pleasant. I am not one to want to put anyone out on the street, but I also never wanted to own two homes, pay mortgages on two homes, and try to pay all our bills on Doug's salary. Never become a landlord. Take it from me. It's no picnic.

But, it's Saturday and the kids and Doug are outside playing in the snow, somewhere. Yes, it snowed again last night. Not a ton, but enough to cover what is the beginning of mud season (remember when I mentioned a 5th season here in Maine? It's almost upon us! I promise to take pictures when it's in full swing!) The twins are sleeping off their haircut adventure and I just watched the Bruins beat the Flyers in OT. Can't really beat that, now can you?

4 comments:

Tulip and Turnip said...

Oh, I'm simultaneously dreading and anticipating our first haircuts. Gavin especially is overdue, but I'm dragging me feet about it. There's something so cute about those errant curls.

Tulip and Turnip said...

Of course, I meant dragging MY feet. I would hate for you to imagine that I have a British Cockney accent like Supernanny or Eliza Doolittle or something. :)

Courtney said...

Mine need haircuts, but I can't bring myself to get them. Seeing that yours went so well makes me a little braver.

2Forgetful said...

Awww, their first haircuts! Mine really need haircuts but it's so long and curly that it pains me to think about.

Thanks for sharing your baby naming history with me. I love reading the stories and think it's so meaningful when there's family names involved.